Carrot cupcakes by AdB
Prep time: 30 minutes
Baking time: 20-30 minutes depends on your oven Yield: 10 cupcakes
Your ingredients for the carrot biscuit
- 1 egg
- 70gr of flour
- 85gr sugar
- 85gr of vegetable oil
- 0,5 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 0,5 teaspoon of nutmeg
- pinch of zest of orange
- pinch of vanilla
- 1 average carrot
- 10gr of walnut
- 2 mixing bowls
- Muffin pan
- Muffin cases
- Toothpick for checking if your cakes are ready
You can choose from those two buttercream:
Both of them are really nice and tasty.
Method for the carrot biscuit
- preheat your oven to 180 degrees C
- prepare your muffin pan for baking, insert the muffin cases into the forms
- place flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, and walnut into a bowl and mix them together. In further I will refer to this mixture as “batter mix”
- grate the carrot (your pieces shouldn’t be too small, so use the large shred).
- Take a large bowl and put eggs in it and mix them slightly with your whisk. Then add some sugar and whisk again.
- After that you can bravely add some orange zest and vegetable oil. Mix well all your ingredients.
- Now you can add “batter mix” into the bowl and whisk it until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Add your grated carrots into the mixture and again whisk it. By now you should get very nice and well smelling batter: it will smell like Christmas.
- Fill in your muffin cases with the batter. Do not put too much as your batter will rise. I would suggest you will in only half of the case. If your oven is warm enough by now then you can start baking process. The baking can take up to 30 minutes. The timing depends on how warm your oven is. However, you can always check the readiness of your cupcake with the toothpick. Do not open oven too many times as this can damage your cupcake’s top!
- Once your cupakes are ready let them cool down a bit. Then remove from the pan. And you are ready to move to the next stage!
Decorating your cupcakes
Simply put or pipe your chosen type of cream on the cooled cupcake. You can add some more decorative elements to the top of your cupcake: use some sugar bits or pieces of carrot. I have decided to colour my cupcakes a bit and added some colouring gel to the frosting. I also added some walnuts on top to make it a bit more interesting. How did your baking go? I can’t wait to hear your story! Bake and share!
Follow my Instagram page to see my other recipes and experiments.
Tag @macaron_adb on instagram and hashtag your creations #macaronadb I would love to see your work!
Have a lovely day/evening, and sweet times.
2 Comments Add yours
These sound and look great! Thanks for sharing this recipe! I recently made blondies and they turned out great. Hope you give them a try too 🙂
Thanks, happy you found it interesting. Checked out your recipe as well, and looks like a nice treat to make at home. If I will make it I will certainly let you know. Thanks for the link 😉