Today I was exploring carrot cake, and I have been trying different recipes and I tried to learn about this particular dessert a bit more than I know already. I will share with you some really great recipe later on as well. However, today I wanted to speak about something else. While I was trying out things I had some left overs and I decided to make classic carrot cake, but I didn’t have any creamed cheese at home, and to go to the shop was not really an option.. so I though why not to try out mascarpone?.. and it worked! In fact, I am really happy with this cream, and I might use it for macaron fillings. It was so great that I though that I really need to share it with the world.
Mascarpone buttercream by AdB
Time to make: less than 15 minutes
Yield: enough for 1 cake (20×20)
- 200gr mascarpone
- 1 tablespoon of condensed milk
- around 50gr of unsalted butter
- 30gr of icing sugar
- a pinch of vanilla powder
- 1 tablespoon of melted white chocolate
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Real easy! Mix butter with icing sugar until it reaches light yellow colour, then add condensed milk and other ingredients.
- You will know that it is ready when your cream looks … well creamy. If the texture of your cream is in bits, then add a bit more of the mascarpone. Adjust the recipe according to your preference (if you want it sweeter add more sugar etc).
- Use the filling for your cake.
Follow my Instagram page to see my other recipes and experiments.
Tag @macaron_adb on instagram and hashtag your creations #macaronadb I would love to see your work!
Have a lovely day/evening, and sweet times.